Prevent equine ulcers in your horse with nonprescription UlcerGard.
The oral paste is delivered in a syringe form that is administered to horses every day. The active ingredient in UlcerGard, omeprazole, works to suppress the stomach acids that cause ulcers in horses also prevents equine gastric ulcer syndrome, which can be a painful condition. Equine ulcers can occur if your horse tends to become stressed easily or is prone to stomach acid problems. UlcerGuard comes in a cinnamon-flavored paste for easy ingestion.
Dosage during periods of stress is 1/4 tube daily for horses weighing between 600 and 1200 lbs. For horses over 1200 lbs, 1/2 tube daily is recommended.
1. To set the syringe plunger, unlock the dose ring by rotating ¼ turn and slide the dose ring along the plunger shaft so that the side nearest the barrel is set at the appropriate daily dose marking.
2. Rotate ¼ turn to lock ring before dosing.
3. Make sure horse's mouth contains no feed before administration.
4. Remove syringe tip cover.
5. Insert syringe into the corner of the horse's mouth.
6. Depress the plunger until it stops at the dose ring.